GSV Capital Corp (NASDAQ:GSVC) Stock Closed Over Its 50 Day Moving Average

0
108

Company shares last traded at $5.80 a tad above $5.42, the 50 day moving average and quite a bit higher than the 200 day moving average of $4.66. The 50 day moving average went up by +6.99% and the 200 day average went up $1.14 or +24.34%. Trading was heavy with 101K shares changing hands on Tuesday. Shares saw a steep increase in trading volume of 163.49% over the normal average daily volume. Traders are feeling more bullish on GSV Capital Corp recently if you take note of the fall in short interest. The firm experienced a fall in short interest from September 15, 2017 to September 29, 2017 of -5.52%. Short shares fell from 400,377 to 378,277 over that period.

There has been some buying insider activity on GSV Capital Corp (NASDAQ:GSVC) recently. Michael T. Moe, Executive Chairman bought $4,997 worth of shares at an average price of $5.90 on October 20th. That brings Moe’s holdings to $409,192 as reported to the SEC. Mark D. Klein, CEO disclosed the purchase of 10,000 shares of GSVC stock. The shares were purchased at an average price of $5.02. The CEO now owns $488,647 of the stock according to the SEC filing.

CEO Mark D. Klein purchased 10,000 shares at an average price of $5.36 on Wed the 20th. Klein now owns $468,142 of stock as recorded in a recent Form 4 SEC filing.

These funds have shifted positions in (GSVC). Creative Planning reduced its position by selling 1,033 shares a decrease of 15.5%. Creative Planning controls 5,624 shares valued at $24,000. The total value of its holdings decreased 20.0%. As of the end of the quarter Bulldog Investors, LLC had sold 2,392 shares trimming its stake by 3.8%. The value of the total investment in GSV Capital Corp went from $280,000 to $261,000 decreasing 6.8% quarter over quarter.

As of quarter end Ubs Group Ag had acquired a total of 1,516 shares growing its holdings by 101.3%. The value of the investment in (GSVC) increased from $7,000 to $13,000 a change of 85.7% quarter to quarter. Cutler Group LP cut its stake by shedding 1,251 shares a decrease of 58.2% in the quarter. Cutler Group LP owns 900 shares with a value of $0. The value of the position overall is down by 100.0%.

GSV Capital Corp. (GSV Capital), launched on October 17, 2010, is an externally managed, non-diversified closed-end management investment company. The Business’s investment objective is to maximize its portfolio’s total return, principally by seeking capital gains on its equity and equity-related investments. The Company invests principally in the equity securities, which are venture-capital-backed emerging companies. The Company acquires its investments through direct investments with portfolio companies, secondary marketplaces for private companies and negotiations with selling stockholders. The Company may also invest in select publicly traded equity securities or certain non-United States companies that otherwise meet its investment criteria. The Company seeks to create a low-turnover portfolio that includes investments in companies representing a range of investment themes. The Company typically seeks to invest approximately 90% of its portfolio in late-stage companies and the remaining approximately 10% in emerging companies that fit within its targeted areas, where the Company sees the potential for higher returns from early investment. Its investment activities are managed by its investment advisor, GSV Asset Management, LLC (GSV Asset Management)..

Receive News & Ratings Via Email - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.