CalAtlantic Group, Inc. (NYSE:CAA) Closed 7.0% Above Its 50 Day Average

0
41

Shares last traded at $39.07 a bit higher than the 50 day moving average which is $36.53 and which is just over the 200 day moving average of $36.16. The 50 day moving average moved up $2.54 and the 200 day average moved up $2.91. Trading was light with 613K shares changing hands by the end of trading on Tuesday. Trading volume was down 51.84% under the stocks average daily volume.

Traders are a little more bullish on CalAtlantic Group, Inc. of late if you consider the downtick in short interest. The firm experienced a fall in short interest from September 15, 2017 to September 29, 2017 of -23.13%. Short interest fell from 9,247,130 to 7,108,164 over that period. With short interest at 7,108,164 and short average daily volume at 840,163, the short-interest ratio is 8.0 and the short interest percentage is 0.06% as of September 29.

Here is a rundown on some insider market activity for CalAtlantic Group, Inc. (NYSE:CAA). President & CEO Larry T. Nicholson sold 17,033 shares at an average price of $36.00 on September 26th. That brings Nicholson’s holdings to $21,405,600 as reported to the SEC. Larry T. Nicholson, President & CEO reported the sale of 100 shares of (CAA). The shares were purchased at an average price of $36.00. Nicholson now owns $22,018,788 of the stock per the Form 4 SEC filing.

These funds have shifted positions in (CAA). As of quarter end Mutual Of America Capital Management LLC had disposed of 2,100 shares trimming its stake by 3.3%. The value of the investment in CalAtlantic Group, Inc. went from $2,223,000 to $2,226,000 a change of 0.1% for the reporting period. Shell Asset Management CO downsized its holdings by shedding 300 shares a decrease of 2.0% from 06/30/2017 to 09/30/2017. Shell Asset Management CO now holds 14,398 shares valued at $527,000. The value of the position overall is up by 1.3%.

State Treasurer State Of Michigan trimmed its position by selling 3,100 shares a decrease of 9.8%. State Treasurer State Of Michigan currently owns 28,600 shares with a value of $1,048,000. The total value of its holdings decreased 6.5%. Wealthtrust-arizona, LLC added to its ownership by buying 1 shares an increase of 0.2% in the quarter. Wealthtrust-arizona, LLC now controls 439 shares worth $16,000. The total value of its holdings increased 6.7%.

On July 11 the company was set at “Equal-Weight” in a report from Barclays which was a boost from the previous “Overweight” rating.

The company is up by 0.41% percent from yesterday’s close. The company declared a dividend for shareholders paid on Saturday the 30th of September 2017. The dividend payment was $0.040 per share for the quarter which is $0.16 annualized. The dividend yield was $0.41. The ex-dividend date was set for Thursday the 14th of September 2017.

The company’s P/E ratio is 10.75 and market cap is 4.31B. In the latest earnings report the EPS was $3.63 and is estimated to be $3.45 for the current year with 110,204,000 shares now outstanding. Analysts expect next quarter’s EPS to be $1.26 and the next full year EPS is anticipated to be $4.07.

CalAtlantic Group, Inc., launched on August 14, 1991, is a diversified builder of single-family attached and detached homes. The Company operates through two segments: homebuilding and financial services. As of December 31, 2016, the Company built homes in communities that meet the desires of customers across the homebuilding spectrum, from entry level to luxury, in over 40 metropolitan statistical areas spanning 17 states and the District of Columbia. The Company also provides mortgage, title and escrow services..

Receive News & Ratings Via Email - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.