CalAtlantic Group, Inc. (CAA) Saw a New 52-Week High

0
56

The company is now up since yesterday’s close of 38.91. Shares last traded at $39.07 which is a tad above the 50 day moving average which is $36.53 and a tad above the 200 day moving average of $36.16. The 50 day moving average was up by +6.96% and the 200 day average was up $2.91.

Traders are feeling more bullish on shares of CalAtlantic Group, Inc. recently as indicated by the fall in short interest. The firm saw a fall in short interest from September 15, 2017 to September 29, 2017 of -23.13%. Short interest fell 2,138,966 over that timeframe. The short-interest ratio decreased to 8.0 and the percentage of shorted shares was 0.06% on September 29.

Here is a rundown on some insider market activity for CalAtlantic Group, Inc. (NYSE:CAA). Larry T. Nicholson, President & CEO disclosed the sale of 17,033 shares of (CAA). The shares were sold on September 26th for an average price of $36.00. The President & CEO now owns $21,405,600 of the stock per the Form 4 SEC filing. Larry T. Nicholson, President & CEO let go of $3,600 worth of shares at an average price of $36.00 on Wed the 2nd. That brings Nicholson’s holdings to $22,018,788 as reported to the SEC.

CalAtlantic Group, Inc., launched on August 14, 1991, is a diversified builder of single-family attached and detached homes. The Company operates through two segments: homebuilding and financial services. As of December 31, 2016, the Company built homes in communities that meet the desires of customers across the homebuilding spectrum, from entry level to luxury, in over 40 metropolitan statistical areas spanning 17 states and the District of Columbia. The Company also provides mortgage, title and escrow services..

These funds have shifted positions in (CAA). As of the end of the quarter Mutual Of America Capital Management LLC had sold 2,100 shares trimming its holdings by 3.3%. The value in dollars increased from $2,223,000 to $2,226,000 a change of $3,000 for the reporting period. Shell Asset Management CO divested its holdings by selling 300 shares a decrease of 2.0%. Shell Asset Management CO controls 14,398 shares worth $527,000. The value of the position overall is up by 1.3%.

State Treasurer State Of Michigan cut its investment by shedding 3,100 shares a decrease of 9.8% as of 09/30/2017. State Treasurer State Of Michigan currently owns 28,600 shares with a value of $1,048,000. The total value of its holdings decreased 6.5%. As of quarter end Wealthtrust-arizona, LLC had acquired a total of 1 shares growing its position 0.2%. The value of the investment in CAA went from $15,000 to $16,000 a change of 6.7% quarter to quarter.

On July 11 the company was rated “Equal-Weight” according to a Barclays report which is up from the previous “Overweight” rating.

The company also recently declared a dividend for shareholders paid on Saturday September 30th, 2017. The dividend payment was $0.040 per share for the quarter which comes to $0.16 on an annualized basis. This dividend amount represented a yield of $0.41. The ex-dividend date was Thursday the 14th of September 2017.

The company currently has a P/E ratio of 10.75 and market cap is 4.31B. In the latest earnings report the EPS was $3.63 and is estimated to be $3.45 for the current year with 110,204,000 shares now outstanding. Analysts expect next quarter’s EPS to be $1.26 with next year’s EPS projected to be $4.07.

Receive News & Ratings Via Email - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.